Welcome to the new St. Catherine’s of Alexandria website! Please change your bookmarks to http://www.scaoaklawn.org and continue to visit for updated content, announcements, and features.
Goals of the New Website
There were several goals for the new website:
- Make it easier for the community to find information
- Make it easier for the staff to update that information
- Enable St. Catherine’s community leaders to publish updates themselves
- Leverage free software, donated web hosting, and volunteered development time
We hope we were successful in taking the first step towards building a useful website for the community. The Technology committee will be helping the School and Parish determine the most cost-effective way to bring St. Catherine’s in line with today’s technology demands. We are considering future updates for things like:
- updating any missing content
- a Photo Gallery
- a place for Sports Scores
- ability to register online for sports and events
- ability to make payments online for certain fees
These features will help day-to-day maintenance, increase community support, and help attract new families to join us.
Call to All Community Leaders
If you currently run one of the Parent Organizations or another type of group at St. Catherine’s and would like to leverage the new website, update information, or create announcements, please email Greg Heidorn at firstname.lastname@example.org. He will setup your group with a page on the site and an account for making announcements (that appear in link lists on the home page!) and changes to that page.
Comments and Suggestions
If you have comments or suggestions for the Technology committee, please let us know by emailing Ms. Hudson (email@example.com), Chris Ivers (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Greg Heidorn (email@example.com).